Most danger for outdoor cats and kittens is obvious, but you would think indoor cats and kittens are safe, NOT SO! You must be careful not to leave things out that a kitten or cat could eat. Such as rubber bands, hair ties, small nails or thumbtacks, glue or nail polish remover. Small bits of string or bread ties, food left out, washer or drier left open, breakable items and one thing you wouldn`t think of is house plants.
Household plants are one of the top things that can harm your furrever friend. Here is a list of plants that might harm your kitten or cat. Azalea, Caladium, Christmas Rose, Oleander, Clematis, Delphinium, Dieffenbachia, Ivy, Lupine, Mistletoe, Philodendron, Poinsettia, Cherry Laurel, Rhododendron, Solanum, Sweet Pea, lily of the valley, poinsettia, lilly, kalanchoe, peace lily-spathiphyllum, Christmas rose, amaryllis, anthuriurn, and chrysanthemum.
If you notice your kitten or cat has eaten a poisonous plant, get in touch with your veterinarian immediately!!!
When putting your Rodent poison around the house put the poison where your kitten or cat can`t reach it, like behind furniture or appliances that they can`t crawl under or get around back of. Signs of poisoning would be restlessness, abdominal pain, vomiting, bleeding, diarrhea and could cause death.
Anti Freeze has a sweet smell so cats and dogs may think it`s a treat and lap it up. If your kitten or cat ingested Anti Freeze it will affect there coordination, vomiting and convulsions followed by a coma.
Aspirin, advil, everyday things in every home, but if left open they have a sweet smell to cats and dogs, and they will gobble them up. So never leave a pill bottle open and always put them somewhere that pets and children can`t get to them. If your pet eats some pills, this will cause sudden loss of balance, vomiting, and there gums will turn blue .
Cleaners and Disinfectants.
Like our own children, kittens and cats are always into something, never leave cleaners or disinfectants where your pets or children can get into them. Never leave a bucket and mop out with a cleaner in the water. If your pet drinks a cleaner or disinfect it can cause muscle twitching, drooling, convulsions and even a coma.
Always keep a first aid kit for your pets, always have emergency numbers on hand. Call your veterinarian and tell him any info to help your veterinarian know what your pet has eaten.
Copyright © 2018 the kitten palace - All Rights Reserved.